Notices
Group Buy Center Approved group buys ONLY. To become an approved group buy vendor - go here:
https://www.rx8club.com/payments.php

OFFICIAL: Powertrix Coilover Group Buy is OPEN!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:17 AM
OMGITM!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OFFICIAL: Powertrix Coilover Group Buy is OPEN!

*Mods - This GB has been fully paid for. Please PM me if there are any issues!*

The OFFICIAL Powertrix GB is finally open!

Confirmed:
1. Gr8Bullet Race PAID IN FULL
2. NautyOne Race (10k/7k) PAID IN FULL
3. MMeglen Race PAID IN FULL
4. shadycrew31 Race PAID IN FULL
5. Arca_ex Race (10k/7k)PAID IN FULL
6. ooobigfire Race PAID IN FULL
7. dlum125 Race PAID IN FULL
8. ShellDude Race PAID IN FULL
9. Chadwisk Race PAID IN FULL
10. J's_sbm8 Race (10k/7k) PAID IN FULL
11. moonkid Race PAID IN FULL

I'll give some general info, followed by payment details via Powertrix. Please see the GB feeler thread for further info -> https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension-55/gauging-interest-powertrix-coilovers-group-buy-212613/ Please, feel free to PM or post any questions regarding these coilovers/group buy details!

(SE3P) RACE COILOVERS - Normal Retail: $1265.00 Special Group Buy Pricing: $985.00
The Race Coilovers feature a robust Race grade 45mm mono tube strut piston that is valved for the serious competitor and features aluminum pillow ball upper mounts to transfer more suspension energy through the strut piston shaft increasing the efficiency of the overall suspension duty. Full forged steel threaded shock bodies for independent ride height and spring preload adjustability and 9k/6k liner springs make the Race Coilover System an "All Business" tool for Auto crossing and Road Racing. Designed for the true performance enthusiast looking for the extra edge during track time, it is also just civil enough to run on the street on a daily basis.

(SE3P) ULTRA-LITE COILOVERS - Normal Retail: $1499.00 Not currently available with this GB
The Ultra-lite Race Coilovers are the ultimate in all around performance and handling. It also features the aluminum pillow ball upper mounts and independent ride height and spring preload adjustability. For the serious Motorsports competitor, the Ultra-lite version shares all the same features of the Race version but incorporates aluminum strut housings for an approximate 10% decrease in weight making them the competitor’s choice for those watching un-sprung weight. We have used these coilovers for dual duty, Drag and Autocross setups with great Success. With all the adjustment and spring options, it is possible to set up the vehicle to meet all situations and scenarios. Thought the strut housing is aluminum to save weight, the POWERTRIX Ultra-lite coilovers use heat tempers forged steel for bottom mounting cups (where other companies use aluminum) for maximum strength where is it needed the most at the point of where the coilover assembly bolts to the hub of the car.

Details/Features:
-Independent Ride height and Spring Preload adjustability
-9kg/mm - 200mm Front Springs and 6kg/mm - 200mm Rear Springs (springs rates available between 3kg/mm-17kg/mm)
-15 way strut damper adjustments
-Rear extensions/***** for easy adjustability
-Rear top mounts included
-Aluminum pillow-ball upper mount
-Race Grade 45mm strut piston
-Re-buildable/Replaceable Premium mono-tube forged steel strut body (Race Version ONLY)
-Re-buildable/Replaceable Premium mono-tube aluminum strut body (Ultra-Lite Version ONLY)
-Spring rates and lengths are customizable if desired. Any difference greater than 2k of the factory settings will require re-valving of the dampers at an additional charge.
-Excellent service that Powertrix has become known for in the Z world!

Pictures! These were the first set of Powertrix Race coilovers produced for the SE3P platform. We determined the top collars on the front coilovers were absolutely unnecessary, so future coilovers will NOT have this feature.

My current ride height running Powertrix Race coilovers - NO spring droop!

All four lined up! (NOTE: Will NOT include the very top collar seen on fronts - this was deemed unnecessary)

Front coilover -> preload + ride height independent adjustment (NOTE: Will NOT include the very top collar seen on fronts - this was deemed unnecessary):

Rear Coilover -> preload + ride height independent adjustment:
Name:  rear-2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  146.2 KB

Rear Adjustability Detail:
Name:  rearadjust1.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  89.6 KB

More Rear Adjustability Detail:
Name:  rearadjust2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  100.1 KB

IMPORTANT: PM me when payment is completed! If you have not already, please PM me your Full Name + Email address. If you have already sent me this info, simply let me know you have completed payment - I will make assure this GB goes 100% smoothly. Thanks!

POWERTRIX (SE3P) RACE COILOVERS Group Buy Deposit
$985.00 + $49.00 shipping = $1034.00 ($517.00 Deposit)
Group Buy is currently CLOSED. PM me for details on current stock, pricing, etc.

POWERTRIX (SE3P) ULTRA-LITE COILOVERS Group Buy Deposit
$1199.00 + $49.00 shipping = $1248.00 ($624.00 Deposit)
ULTRA-LITES NO LONGER AVAILABLE WITH THIS GB

****POWERTRIX (SE3P) RACE COILOVERS****
GROUP BUY PRICE $985.00 + $49.00 shipping = $1034.00 TO PAY IN FULL
Group Buy is currently CLOSED. PM me for details on current stock, pricing, etc.

****POWERTRIX (SE3P) ULTRA LITE RACE COILOVERS****
GROUP BUY PRICE $1199.00 + $49.00 shipping = $1248.00 TO PAY IN FULL
ULTRA-LITES NO LONGER AVAILABLE WITH THIS GB

***TIME FRAME***

All time frames are ESTIMATED at this time and can vary from 1-2 weeks depending on Production, Shipping, Importation, and US Customs

Production time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Shipment to Powertrix for distribution is approximately 14 days. Estimated time frame is as follows:

June 13th - Start of the Group Buy
June 13th – June 20th - Group Buy Pre Ordering and Reservation
June 20th- LAST DAY FOR ORDERING AND RESERVATION –
Group Buy ends and Production begins (Tentative)
July 1st - Deadline to pay deposit to secure Group Buy spot and pricing
6-8 weeks – Production Finished
1 1/2-2 weeks after production - Estimated arrival at Powertrix for Distribution
BALANCE DUE for all coilovers.
All Paid in full orders will ship out immediately after receiving the shipment.
3-5 days delivery from POWERTRIX to you depending on location.
Estimated delivery to buyers – Early – Mid August.

ALL DEPOSITS are NON REFUNDABLE. If for any reason you are unable continue with the Group Buy, you can either sell your spot to another potential Buyer or we will give you store credit towards any other Powertrix Products in the full amount of the deposit or payment submitted.

By submitting either full payment or deposit constitutes that you understand, acknowledge, and adhere by the above group buy details and time frame.

edit:
Here's an easier to read tentative timeline for you guys:

-July 1st: Deadline to pay deposit to secure GB spot + pricing

-Early August: Balance due when coilovers arrive at Powertrix HQ some time around the beginning of August. I'll keep everyone updated on the status of this ETA.

-Early-Mid August: Coilovers scheduled to be received by GB participants

Last edited by tiltmode43; 10-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 AM
OMGITM!

Forgot to mention - because there was a few day lag in getting the payment links (they ended up being filtered into another folder actually!) I believe the GB pricing may be available for a bit longer than 6/20.

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions everyone!

Last edited by tiltmode43; 06-15-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be putting in my deposit this Friday after I receive my paycheck. We have until early August to complete our remaining balance if we only paid a deposit, correct?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Im Sir Earl of Sandwich!

^correct your order will be made and shipped to powertrix and until payment is complete it then go from powertrix to your doorstep...
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

BOOM! PM'd
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 AM
BECAUSE RACECAR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
PM sent.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I am THAT guy

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Fudge

no moniez

GL w/GB
Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered RX8 Nut

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What happens if not enough people put in a deposit? Will the price change, will production be delayed or will the production be canceled and money refunded?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM
OMGITM!

Production will not be delayed or cancelled. At this point, Powertrix is bringing over a certain number of coilovers. If not all are pre-ordered, then they will be offered at normal retail. If more than this number are pre-ordered, then additional sets will be produced.

Thanks Highway, that is a good point I failed to mention

Atilla - Thanks for the support!

Spread the word on these coils guys! Once you receive them and post up pictures, I'm pretty sure they will be the next go-to option when it comes to coilovers! Sadly, anyone who wants them after will need to pay full retail
Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

And now I wait.... damn I'm impatient

Last edited by ooobigfire; 06-15-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:10 PM
OMGITM!

It will be worth it!

Last edited by tiltmode43; 06-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM
BECAUSE RACECAR

So what's the advantage or reasoning behind going with a 10k/7k setup? I was considering it but wasn't sure about what effects it would have as far as track duty as well as daily drivability.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
OMGITM!

In general, stiffer spring rates will allow for less body roll, slightly crisper steering response, etc. The downside would be a less compliant ride.

The 9k/6K are a good choice from the factory IMHO. This is the perfect balance between comfort and stiffness. Personally, I'm fine with dealing with a bit more rigidity in daily driving so I went with the slightly stiffer rates, just as NautyOne.

edit: Fixed the "Pay in full" link for the Race coilovers. Sorry for the extra "h" in "http"!

Last edited by tiltmode43; 06-15-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM
BECAUSE RACECAR

I see. I definitely don't mind a little bit stiffer ride as the roads here in AZ are all awesome. I'm going to go ahead with a 10k/7k setup. Sending a PM as well.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Supercharged by Pettit

Does powertrix have any racing heritage?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered RX8 Nut

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
+1 about 9k/6k spring rates being a good choice. 8k/5K would be plenty good too which is what my KW v3's come with. Comfortable but firm/chrisp on the street. Stiffen the struts and they preform great on the track but going to 9k/6k is needed when you push the car with wide and super grippy tires.

Honestly 99% of people wont notice the performance difference between 8k/5K and 10k/7K. If you have a street car with light track and spirited driving, I wouldnt go stiffer then 8k/5k.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 PM
OMGITM!

Originally Posted by NYC Drift King
Does powertrix have any racing heritage?
Being as they are a newer company, long term pedigree will only come in time. As of right now, there are various Z's running Powertrix products on regular grip, drift, and drag duty competetively on the track. If you look at their current suspension component lineup for these platforms (beefy tension rods, camber arms, toe arms, traction rods, endlinks, etc) it is clear that Powertrix puts a strong emphasis on quality parts meant to perform. If this GB goes well, Powertrix may enter this area for the SE3P platform as well, but only time will tell!

Powertrix supports all sorts of track events and the participating drivers. Just as an example, Powertrix will be present at the upcoming SoCal All-Star Bash drift event the 4th of July weekend, supporting the drivers throughout. As another close-to-community aspect, instructional videos and excellent feedback are offered to help customers out whenever needed.

With affiliates such as Greddy, Brembo, HKS, Volk, A'PEXi, etc., it is clear Powertrix means business.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
IFLY2 9K

I have a few questions. They might be hard to answer but would appreciate any info.

1. What service interval does Powertrix recommend?
2. How much does it cost to get the shocks serviced? (ie. cost of rebuild and cost of revalve)
3. Are they located in San Diego? Is that where we can send the shocks to be serviced? What is the expected turn around time?
4. In the standard settings what is the full range of height adjustment (how high does it go? Can it reach stock height or does it have a drop of at least 1"?)

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Tilt, deposit paid just now. You have a PM as well.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 PM
OMGITM!

Lodes, sorry for the slow reply. I'm trying t get the answers to all of your questions so I can address your post entirely.

MMeglen - I'll update OP soon. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lodes
I have a few questions. They might be hard to answer but would appreciate any info.

2. How much does it cost to get the shocks serviced? (ie. cost of rebuild and cost of revalve)
3. Are they located in San Diego? Is that where we can send the shocks to be serviced? What is the expected turn around time?
4. In the standard settings what is the full range of height adjustment (how high does it go? Can it reach stock height or does it have a drop of at least 1"?)

Thanks.
if you could answer these questions in this thread, that'd be awesome.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

deposit sent!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
OMGITM!

Originally Posted by dlum125
if you could answer these questions in this thread, that'd be awesome.
They 100% will be. I'm in the process of clarifying details with Powertrix before posting

Updating OP right now. Thanks everyone!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Gimmie that Bitch Cannon

Hating my life right now..tires or coilovers . Gots me some new rubber
Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
OMGITM!

Originally Posted by Lodes

Thanks.
Here are some answers, per Powertrix:

In the 9-10 years we have been producting coilovers, we have yet to sell a set of dampers/struts due to them being blow or wearing out.

We actually have the original 3 sets prototype coilovers done in 2001 still in use on daily driven 300zxs that see drag, drift, autocross and road course duty.

We sell new dampers/struts and the range between $110.00 - $149.00 per strut.

Revalving is not required unless a change in spring rate of more than + or – 2k is made.

3. Are they located in San Diego? Is that where we can send the shocks to be serviced? What is the expected turnaround time?
We, POWERTRIX, are located in San Diego CA. Cost wise, if in more effective to send completely new dampers/struts instead of reusing the customers old cartridges.

Turnaround time can vary depending on when parts are ordered, if they are readily available from manufacturing, and when it may coincide with regular production orders as manufacturing takes place overseas.

Ride height can be adjusted all the way from stock to as low as you'd like.

With regards to racing heritige, here is some further info:
POWERTRIX COILOVERS NOTABLE ACHEIVEMENTS:

2004-2010: 12 time RaceLegal Modified Street Champion / Ultra-lite Coilover equipped Powertrix Z32

-April 2008 and 2009: Powertrix Ultra-lite and SS coilover equipped 300zx 1st and 2nd quickest times for all Z32s at Motorsport Auto’s West Coast Z Nationals SCCA Autocross Event

-April 2007: Powertrix Race and SS coilover equipped 300zx 1st and 2nd quickest times for all Z32s at Motorsport Auto’s West Coast Z Nationals SCCA Autocross Event

-April 2006: Powertrix coilover Ultra-lite, Race and SS equipped 300zxs take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quickest times for all Z32s at Motorsport Auto’s West Coast Z Nationals SCCA Autocross Event.

-January 2006: THE Powertrix Ultra-lite Coilover equipped Z32 sets world record ET ¼ mile pass for quickest stock motor, stock turbo Z at 10.95@125.01 mph at Fontana’s California Speedway.

- April 2004 and 2005: POWERTRIX Ultra-lite and Race Coilover equipped 300zxs take 1st and 2nd quickest times for all Z32s at Motorsport Auto’s West Coast Z Nationals SCCA Autocross Event.

Name:  newsig2009.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  35.8 KB
Name:  70WillowZ32Z33.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  34.7 KB

Today is the last day to lock in custom rates everyone!

Lastly, here are a few pictures of my car, rocking the Powertrix coilovers. More shots can be seen in the thread here -> https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-multimedia-photo-gallery-6/red-volk-racing-re30s-218488/ or on my flickr here -> www.flickr.com/photos/inghostcolours

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Powertrix Coilover Group Buy is OPEN!