General Automotive Discuss all things automotive here other than the RX-8

Movie: Japmeet Sweden 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Rotor User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movie: Japmeet Sweden 2008

Made a video of JDM Car meet this year (northen europes biggest japan car meeting) at Mantorp Track.

I made to parts, one with music and one without for you guys who wants to hear only engines to sing :P

Rightclick -> save as

Without Music:
http://racemovie.se/movies/fastlane/japmeet-2008.mpg

With Music:
http://racemovie.se/movies/fastlane/...2008-music.mpg

This is just a hobby made movie between my work and school, hope some of you will enjoy it.

Last edited by fastlaneracing; 02-06-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Japa please. wil check out your vid later on in the day. ty for sharing.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Might not be such a good idea to say "jap." Some people will be offended. Just say "japanese car meet."
Old 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Rotor User

Have I missed something? offended why? here in sweden we call Japanese cars for that and the name for the meeting is japmeet. I cant change their name

http://www.japmeet.se

EDIT: I hope no one will feel offended because of the name, its not ment as disrespect.

Last edited by fastlaneracing; 11-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Rotor User

The trailer of the official DVD movie from "JDM Car meet" 2008 is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=oKKXnFpu3KU

Last edited by fastlaneracing; 02-06-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Toyo Kogyo => Mazda

i think the slur "jap" was only used by americans during WWII... so people in sweden most likely wouldn't know about the history of the word "jap".
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Official Post Whore

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Really slow download. The server hosting the vids must be busy, slow or throttled.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"JAP"
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Rotor User

Originally Posted by boanjangnararmine
i think the slur "jap" was only used by americans during WWII... so people in sweden most likely wouldn't know about the history of the word "jap".
Okey then I know, I understand why someone can feel offended. its like sayig the N word.

We use jap as an abbreviation for japanese.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Mu ha.. ha...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep, or using the Swastika in Europe.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by azathoth
Okey then I know, I understand why someone can feel offended. its like sayig the N word.

We use jap as an abbreviation for japanese.
Dude, you can explain all you want but let me ask you, what do you call Japanese in Sweden when you're hating on them? You call them "japs," right? I'll bet a fat Minnesotan cheese-eating whale with blonde hair that that's what you call them.

Geez, why don't you just change the name to the totally noncontroversial "nip meet"?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Razz1
Yep, or using the Swastika in Europe.
But from his point of view, using the Swastika outside Europe or outside one of the other countries involved in WW2 would be ok.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Rotor User

Originally Posted by Potentiated
Dude, you can explain all you want but let me ask you, what do you call Japanese in Sweden when you're hating on them? You call them "japs," right? I'll bet a fat Minnesotan cheese-eating whale with blonde hair that that's what you call them.

Geez, why don't you just change the name to the totally noncontroversial "nip meet"?
Well NO.

We do not speak english as our mother tongue, but I guess you understand that?

Your post must be the most retarded post in a long time.

We honestly dont have nicknames for japanese people.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Rotor User

But from his point of view, using the Swastika outside Europe or outside one of the other countries involved in WW2 would be ok.
Sweden stayed Neutral under WWII so a Swastika is not offending me, you have to try harder if you want to offend me.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
rotary ninja

Bah.. enough of this crap.

As Azathoth said.. it's the name of an event over there.. which he has absolutely no control over. Even then the term over there has no negative meaning.

Just enjoy the dude's video's.. he was posting for everyone's benefit... not for a fight.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by REV-illusions
Bah.. enough of this crap.

As Azathoth said.. it's the name of an event over there.. which he has absolutely no control over. Even then the term over there has no negative meaning.

Just enjoy the dude's video's.. he was posting for everyone's benefit... not for a fight.
Exactly.

Whiny babies
Old 02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by azathoth
Sweden stayed Neutral under WWII so a Swastika is not offending me, you have to try harder if you want to offend me.
And that's exactly my point. That's exactly the problem. The swastika doesn't offend you but it offends a lot of people. So you'll be just as insistent exercisiing your right to, for example, carry a swastika around in public? Have you learned any cultural sensitivity in your life?

You think I'm trying to cause problems, but I'm not. The truth is much of the "old world" hasn't evolved as much as the US has in the area of racial sensitivity. This issue came up recently in soccer in La Liga and some TV ads (if you can believe that) as well as in F1 with Lewis Hamilton. Whenever it comes up, these idiots defend themselves. It's been widely discussed and is a fact. What I found interesting is you never paused, thought about it, and came back saying maybe it's a valid and interesting point, maybe you'll think about it more in the future, maybe you'll pass the word on to your fellow swedes during one of your all-you-can-eat whale festivals.

Last edited by Potentiated; 02-05-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
grass hopper

And that's exactly my point. That's exactly the problem. The swastika doesn't offend you but it offends a lot of people. So you'll be just as insistent exercisiing your right to, for example, carry a swastika around in public? Have you learned any cultural sensitivity in your life?

You think I'm trying to cause problems, but I'm not. The truth is much of the "old world" hasn't evolved as much as the US has in the area of racial sensitivity. This issue came up recently in soccer in La Liga and some TV ads (if you can believe that) as well as in F1 with Lewis Hamilton. Whenever it comes up, these idiots defend themselves. It's been widely discussed and is a fact. What I found interesting is you never paused, thought about it, and came back saying maybe it's a valid and interesting point, maybe you'll think about it more in the future, maybe you'll pass the word on to your fellow swedes during one of your all-you-can-eat whale festivals.

dude, you need to chill. you think if you went over to sweden and started calling people a douchebag or a retard anyone there would get offended? (well they might, but you get my point. there are alot of offensive things we say that would mean nothing to them) every place isnt exactly like the US you know. they dont all find offense in the same words. and beisdes all that, this thread is not even about that. oh my god! he defended himself when a bunch of people started pointing fingers at him. who wouldnt? obviously is a well accepted term where he is, so grow up. you think that freaking out when someone unknowingly says a word that people clear across the world find offensive is having racial sensitivity? I wasnt even gonna say anythign abuot this, but then you edited that last post and i just couldnt hold my tongue. this is all i am gonna say on this.

to the OP. i havent yet watched your vid, but the preview one to the event on youtube was cool. I wish we had an event like that here (obviously under a different name. lol). Who thinks that evo bit the dust at about 43 seconds in? haha.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Mu ha.. ha...

azathoth, this is the internet. Don't begin a pissing contest with idiots.

The flim was very good. Camara man did it right.

For those of you who like to see drifiting... there are some good long periods in this clip.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Received 2,630 Likes on 1,880 Posts
maybe you're just OVER-sensitive.
The swastika example isn't EVEN CLOSE to that of using a TERM that has NO meaning in certain parts of the world because they don't even speak the language.
The swastika is a known symbol throughout the world, regardless of your language.
You're comparing apples to oranges on this one...

You think I'm trying to cause problems, but I'm not. The truth is much of the "old world" hasn't evolved as much as the US has in the area of racial sensitivity.
Maybe because here in the goodl 'old US of A, we're a bunch of ******* Politically Correct Pansies. There, I said it.
Maybe other countries should learn from our mistakes that one does not always need to be Politically Correct because often times, people just need to learn to not allow themselves to be offended. You obviously have taken offense to the term "jap". That is a decision you MADE. (consciously or subconsciously)
Just take a step back and realize that some countries have different beliefs then we do and we can't hold them to the same standards, especially if English isn't their native language.

Relax man, all we can do is hope that the OP now realizes the term Jap offends some people but he has no obligation to change for any of us or apologise for his actions.

Lets move and let this thread be about this event, it's pictures, and its videos.

Last edited by Jedi54; 02-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Swastika is a symbol used by Native Americans and Vikings. To the Vikings it was a symbol of the Norse god Thor's' spinning hammer. It could also be found in the ceramic floor tiles of the Chicago Shiners Temple, before it was tore down.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Mu ha.. ha...

Butt... just think... if we weren't politically correct asses.... then where would Stewie and Homer be along with others?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Banned

Some people just don't get it. I'm not japanese and I find it offensive. I'm telling the OP to stop using the world Japmeet and tell those idiots in Sweden to change the name of their car meet. That's the only thing to do. Simple.

The OP is afraid, doesn't want to expend the energy and the risk. Doesn't want to raise muck. Valkyrie.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2,630 Likes on 1,880 Posts
and you call HIM the idiot... wow. Good job buddy. You don't like the thread, move on...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It offends me that Americans refer to serviettes as napkins. We call them serviettes in Canada, and so should you! I demand you start using the word serviette in lieu of napkin! if you do not, you are all idiots and it proves your society is not as advanced as ours! In fact, everyone in the world must now refer to them as serviettes; in every language serviette shall replace your current word!

Seems like a pretty solid argument.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Movie: Japmeet Sweden 2008