Notices

Quite a reputation RX8Club has going for itself ...

Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 AM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Quite a reputation RX8Club has going for itself ...

only on RX8Club are forum vendors allowed to rip off members without recourse, over three years and counting mind you:

http://www.rx8club.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=43

I wonder how quickly the situation would resolve itself if the vendor and all related threads were cutoff until it occurred ... but obviously nobody around here cares since it has been permitted to exist for so long
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Angler of the Year

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
well you're in a mood today aren't you
this should make the day go by quicker
Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Based on this:

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE OR ITS OWNER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ITS SERVICES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
from this:

The admins / mods could pretty much just care less.

Instead of complaining here, it is more wise to go to the root source:

Originally Posted by Internet Brands
909 North Sepulveda Boulevard 11th Floor El Segundo CA 90245 United States
www http://www.internetbrands.com/ib
Phone 310-280-4000
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
iZoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paimon.soror
The admins / mods could pretty much just care less.
I think that's probably inaccurate. Every forum I've ever been to has had a similar indemnification clause. That doesn't mean they don't care, that means they don't want to (and shouldn't have to) pay through the nose when somebody like Jeff allegedly goes rogue and leaves a bunch of dissatisfied customers in his wake.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AZ R3
I think that's probably inaccurate. Every forum I've ever been to has had a similar indemnification clause. That doesn't mean they don't care, that means they don't want to (and shouldn't have to) pay through the nose when somebody like Jeff allegedly goes rogue and leaves a bunch of dissatisfied customers in his wake.
that's because 90% of forums out there inherit their terms of use from the company that the forum software was purchased from (vBulletin (aka InternetBrands)).

Curious though, what prevents me from paying the fees and becoming a vendor on this page, only doing business with international buyers, advertising a product, and sending them dirt?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Nobody is asking the forum staff to be liable for transactions. They do have control over certain activities though and it is within their power to invoke that control should they see fit. The precedent on this very forum is that both vendors and members have been dealt with accordingly for their actions and behavior. We are all guests at the Forum Admin's discretion. I also don't consider it proper to go higher up the chain without at least first providing the opportunity to address it at the lower level first.

Just out of curiosity, how do you personally feel about the situation and if you were the head czar here what would you do, if anything, about it?
Old 02-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 316 Likes on 225 Posts
Just for the record...

Admin and Mods DO CARE what goes on here, I can assure you Mods and particularly Admin requested information concerning this subject matter, relevant documentation was supplied by the Seller to Admin and it was concluded that all the material supplied appeared bona-fide.

As far as all the machinations as to whether or not the goods were delivered to the correct receiver/address, or signed by the correct receiver/buyer, or the goods were what was declared by the Seller Stateside who really knows.

Contrary from what the Seller said, information posted on USPS website says that the Seller must initiate a trace for missing, or partial supply, or any other claims of non delivery of insured goods.
Even though documentation says the consignment was signed it has not declared by whom, or who was the individual(s) (company/courier) who handled and hand delivered the consignment....a formal trace would have confirmed this once and for all, that allocated period allowed by USPS has now well and truly expired Stateside.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Just for the record you are referring to the wrong customer. There is still one person outstanding; LuxLuc, as acknowledged by the vendor in Sept/2011. Luxluc has not received any communication from the vendor since then.

here is a summary of dates/discussion: https://www.rx8club.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=78

basically the vendor feigned a lame excuse and all you guys went about your merry way, allowing the same situation to still exist

not only that, but the vendor was then allowed vendor status following his split-up from the prior partnership even though this situation still existed

at the same time another forum vendor of bad standing had his status revoked after establishing it under an alias; RX8 Performance.

as we have seen for the last 3+ years, saying something i.e. we care, is one thing, showing it is something else

Last edited by TeamRX8; 02-18-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Team: Problem is, anyone with a grudge/ axe to grind (NOT saying that your situation is) can claim "I was wronged" Just to damage somebody else. The admins need solid/ irrefutable proof before they can take "punitive action" against a vendor, otherwise they would be taking sides prematurely.

Otherwise, Incation is teh best action they can take (and it is not an endorsement to either party) just a refusal to participate in what, until solid evidence is presented becomes a "he said- she said" situation.

Payment receipts, pictures of parts delivered broken (wit the shipping label) and copies of correspondence to/ from the vendor, and financial institution (attempted Paypal resolution center, or Stop- payment to a check) Perhaps a letter to small- claims court

... would go a long way towards giving documentation clout to your argument so that the admins can take appropriate action, if warranted.

Last edited by WhiteDealershipRice; 02-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Originally Posted by MazdaManiac;4084859 dated 9/11/2011
All outstanding orders for kits were shipped. That is a fact.
Originally Posted by Luxluc;4133526 dated 11/28/2011
Good morning to you all,

I just want to start a thread to (maybe) get information from MM about the status about my order (Turbo kit) that I launched and paid in December 2008.

I haven't heard anything from Jeff over the last 1.5 years, nor gotten any reply on my e-mails.

I just would like to know if there is something that will be delivered in the future.

Best regards

Luc from Luxemburg
Originally Posted by MazdaManiac dated 11-28-2011
Luc -

Thanks for divesting yourself from that other thread. I didn't want your situation mixed up with the French scammer, so responding to you there didn't seem appropriate.

First of all, I'm really sorry you've gotten stuck in the middle with all the other nonsense from my other turbo kit screw-ups. It really seems like I just swept you under the rug while I dealt with the people that were actively threatening my life and limb. That was inexcusable.

The unfortunate fact is - I have no idea what I did with your kit. When I had the others shipped out back in August, yours was one of the kits that was completed and labeled, but now I have no documentation of where it actually went. I was frazzled, under the gun and pretty much out of control of everything around me at that point, so I screwed it up.
So, I guess I am out yet another kit.

I have an additional new Garrett turbo unit and an actuator with which I was going to prototype a new manifold. Instead, I will build another kit for you with it over the next several weeks once I move out of my house over the next few days. That is the best I can offer.

To the rest of the knuckleheads around here - go ahead. Pile on. It wont change a damn thing.
Originally Posted by Luxluc;4184419 dated 2/8/2012
No kit and no e-mail so far
Originally Posted by MazdaManiac dated 2-12-2012
One person - ONE - has yet to receive his kit.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TeamRX8
Just for the record you are referring to the wrong customer.
NO...I was REFERRING to Paimons original post, is the OK with YOU?

And Really..... there is another customer who has received nothing, gee I don't know how I missed that...!

And for the RECORD!
https://www.rx8club.com/mazdamaniac-183/luxembourg-turbo-229431/
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

None of what you are posting is new to any mods or any other member...

It was a mod who suggested the other Buyer start his own thread to try and resolve his issue and get it out of the 'noise' of the other person's issue.

We know the Seller has made a commitment...
Old 02-18-2012, 02:33 PM
No respecter of malarkey

What is OK for me is for LuxLuc, who paid for a turbo kit in full in Dec. 2008, to be taken care of one way or another. Frankly I could care less about anything else including what anyone thinks of me personally or my motives, let alone emphasized commentary by YOU. If it takes me making a total *** out of myself then so be it.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

If it takes me making a total *** out of myself then so be it.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Just out of curiosity, how do you personally feel about the situation and if you were the head czar here what would you do, if anything, about it?
Well, speaking strictly from a 3rd parties standpoint, I am just confused by the situation. It just seems like it is hard to get answers and questions are ignored. Frankly I don't care who is wrong and who is right, and my being confused / ticked about the situation has nothing to do with a "he is wrong / he is right" type of attitude, but as a consumer I am sitting here I look at the situation(s) and say to myself "If he adverts a product I really want, can I really trust that he will deliver" :

-- Were the kits delivered to the individuals who posted
-- Why was he let go from BHR shortly after
-- Why are posts ignored
-- Why, if there is some doubt, is he able to be a vendor here

Which leads me to the second question of "what would (i) do". I feel that the admins have a responsibility to protect the people they provide this service (the forum) to. If there are people expressing concerns, or possible scamming, they should be dealt with immediately. Other than Zoom's recent post, I have not really seen the issues addressed by an admin and an answer demanded. Honestly, if I owned this site (which I have developed, administered, and delivered many forums) it would be my duty to let my audience know that "this is an issue, and I am looking into it". I wouldn't let said vendor continue business on these forums until there is proof that these accusations are indeed false. Granted some peopel are going to say "innocent till proven guilty", but contrary to popular belief, that comes second to protecting customers of a service you provide (us members).

Originally Posted by ASH8
Just for the record...

Admin and Mods DO CARE what goes on here, I can assure you Mods and particularly Admin requested information concerning this subject matter, relevant documentation was supplied by the Seller to Admin and it was concluded that all the material supplied appeared bona-fide.

As far as all the machinations as to whether or not the goods were delivered to the correct receiver/address, or signed by the correct receiver/buyer, or the goods were what was declared by the Seller Stateside who really knows.

Contrary from what the Seller said, information posted on USPS website says that the Seller must initiate a trace for missing, or partial supply, or any other claims of non delivery of insured goods.
Even though documentation says the consignment was signed it has not declared by whom, or who was the individual(s) (company/courier) who handled and hand delivered the consignment....a formal trace would have confirmed this once and for all, that allocated period allowed by USPS has now well and truly expired Stateside.
I completely understand what you are saying, but unfortunately most of your response contains "seller said / seller must [do]" ... maybe admins do not have the authority or want to get involved, but the owner of this forum's responsibility is too look at the situation and say "one of our members feels like he got f**ked over ... to protect other members, we need to revoke vendor status until the vendor can show us that these accusations are falsified"

Again, this entire post isn't a "admins SHOULD mods SHOULD etc"... i am merely answering the initial question presented to me which was "what would you do if you were in charge here"
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

^+1 ,subscribe
Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Originally Posted by ASH8
Laugh your down under off all you want, but let's review the history.

About 3.5 years ago a number of people paid if full for turbo kits from said vendor. A litlle over a year later I started posting a simple "wow" as the issue of people left hanging with little - none communication became an issue. It slowly ramped up from there until it became a major forum pissing match 2.5 - 3 years after purchase with every mf'ing excuse under the sun and almost zero communication to the 10+ people still hung out. Where was the Admin staff this whole time?

Then finally when the last kit couldn't be weasled out of there comes another excuse, followed by crickets and zero communication on every level. The vendor got challenged directly by me again, and yet by all accounts the customer still appeared to receive the silent treatment. Still it took another escalation to get some kind of acknowledgement per the link you provided earlier in this thread.

So go ahead and laugh it up because you're not looking any different to some people.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is this guy still allowed to do business here? Haven't the people that bailed him out distancing themselves from him as well? Other people were railroaded out of here back in the day. Shady and disappointing. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
"my recent post" ? i was the one that actually got involved and got the info from Jeff and Im the one that actually tracked it myself and then went to the post office MYSELF and got the answer myself. there is nothing to be done by any of us about the french turbo. a box weighing that much was shipped by jeff with the postal service . it went to france and was according to them delivered to the address on the package which was verified as the correct address. thats it end of story. anything else to do with that transaction is between the two of them and lawyers.

that leaves Luc. How exactly would it be better for Luc if Jeff were banned? this is the ONLY place he can get ANY communication. As for whether he SHOULD be a vendor here is up to IB and to you guys. If there isnt enough customers because of the way he treats customers and others than he wont be a vendor here because he wont be able to afford it.

As for keeping track of individual complaints about one vendor over protracted periods of time. sure we could probably keep a better eye on whats been going on for luc and when i saw this thread i was actually a little embarrassed for having not kept up with it in so long. thats why i asked for ran update from Jeff. but seriously we're talking about over Christmas and New years and my own business going to **** and School changes and winter colds etc etc etc. people need to pipe up if they have issues. report buttons and pms do work
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
No respecter of malarkey

I can both appreciate and empathize with your position on all the points you touched on, but with said vendor still thinking he is above having to communicate with the person who's money took 40 months ago it seems that the only option left to address this is a scorched earth policy.

However, the vendors approach in general is to not accept or use forum communications for addressing his business matters so the idea of keeping him around for this purpose seems questionable. Coupled with the fact that he clearly has not been making any attempt to respond to the LuxLuc it seems like the ax and a chopping block are in order. The situation itself has generated more than enough excuses to last an entire lifetime.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
No respecter of malarkey

todays forecast: sh-tstorm on the horizon

https://www.rx8club.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=49
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Get a life
Old 02-23-2012, 05:29 AM
No respecter of malarkey

Originally Posted by bse50
Get LuxLuc his turbo or his money
glad you could join us

Yet you have nothing to say about somebody who paid 40 months ago and can't even get a courtesy reply from the person who took it?

Get some ethical standards.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
glad you could join us

Yet you have nothing to say about somebody who paid 40 months ago and can't even get a courtesy reply from the person who took it?

Get some ethical standards.
I don't need ethical standards, i'm machiavellan.
Honestly, I don't care about what the seller did. He screwed up, at least in the delays, and that's it. End of the story.
What amazes me is that these "victims" waited for so long before filing anything. I know a lot more about both european and international laws than you do and the lack of protection they have now is completely their fault.
4 weeks production date? Expect an email after 5 weeks and a refund action after 6 unless communication (which lacked) was provided.

They dragged their feet just as much as the seller did.

The real problem here is your persona. Your attitude is laughable to say the least since you are in no way involved in this situation and you're using it just to satisfy some previous disagreements with said seller.
This thread, continuous useless bumps of the bad guy thread, usual references to the situation in unrelated threads all show what you're up to.
Yet you do nothing about stopping another vendor who stole money and parts from customers to do his job when somebody posts about his products?
Talk about ethics...
I see a 40 months unrelated comment in a 13b swap thread, yet no 120,000+$ and some lawsuits in the engine mounts one.

Have fun.

G
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 AM
No respecter of malarkey

You are mistaken. I have disagreements of opinion with the seller, but not in the context that you suggest. My only disagreement in your context is his refusal to assist or communicate. I even attempted to assist the seller by drumming up business for his webinar and paying for it twice myself when I didn't need to (fell asleep during the 2nd one). The seller would like you to believe otherwise because it helps direct the attention away from what has occurred. When we were informed that all the kits shipped my attention went else where.

The reason this went on so long is what I am complaining about. All the excuses, all the assurances from everyone here that there was nothing to worry about. How it was handled by everyone is exactly what has enabled it to have gone on this long, and what allows it to continue to this day and probably more to come. To this degree many of us bear a responsibility. I only wish I had spoken up sooner about it.

It's true the seller gets a lot of assistance with resources. I know because I was one of the people who helped. The idea that all of the mods, all of the galavanting track expeditions, etc. over this period all occurred for free is just not believable. The money for these kits has likely been consumed many times over. 40 months for a turbo kit you can have built in a week or two clearly shows that this has never been a priority to the seller.

You can try to spin it that way if you want, plenty of people know otherwise.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quite a reputation RX8Club has going for itself ...