Notices
RX-8 Discussion General discussion about the RX-8 that doesn't fit in one of the specialty forums.

My Mazda RX-8 Wishlist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Victory Red with Sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mazda RX-8 Wishlist

I guess I'm more bored than I realize lately. Anyway, I've thrown together a little wishlist for the RX-8. I love my car, but there are still some things they could do before I'd call it perfect. Its OK if you totally disagree with me, html lists are really easy to make ;-) It is a work in progress, which it probably will always be.

http://www.johnmasone.com/mazdarx8wishlist/
Old 03-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Registered

I have climate control in my RX8 and it works extremely well. At least in hot humid weather. I doubt it will ever be used in anything less than freezing.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Victory Red with Sand

Hmmmm if mazda already has this feature available, how come its not in the US?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
if you've done your research, you should know that rx8's outside the US has a lot of features that we dont have (ie auto climate control, headlight washers, different packages and etc)
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Victory Red with Sand

headlight washers aren't on my list, i've never had a problem with dirty lenses. Even if they are available SOMEWHERE, they're still a wish list item because i wish they were available here, where I buy my cars.

Last edited by l008com; 03-07-2007 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:01 AM
^NieL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not a bad list but cost could come in like with the sunroof and power rear windows.

there is a diy for auto passenger window
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Registered

its your wishlist, i would care to disagree with some of your items but hey, it would be nice to have auto climate control as well, would cost another arm and let though
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Registered

We have no sat nav keyless entry or heated seats. No need for heated seats anyway.
MP3 in would be good as would a bluetooth phone connection.
I had a fairly good trip computer in a basic Ford 12 years ago with average and current fuel consumption, litres used and left and km to empty. I am surprised the 8 misses out on one.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Victory Red with Sand

Thank god the 07 RX-8's have heated seats, and they actually get hot. My 04's seats barely got warm at all. And yesterday I went out to start my car and it was 9°F out! :-(
Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Registered

hmm, i hear mixed notions on the heated seats, mine work just fine without any problems, might be fault wiring?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Victory Red with Sand

I had mazda look at the seats in my 04 once. They just said "thats normal". But the seats in my 07 get burning hot, I love it!

PS it's 4° out right now :-(
Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Registered

Give me the Turbo thats all I need.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Victory Red with Sand

Honestly, I'd rather have all the rest of the stuff over the turbo. Maybe if the roads in Massachusetts weren't complete ****, and traffic wasn't so bad, I might want a turbo more... but the car is so fast as is, I'd rather have it steer itself ;-)
Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Registered

If the car would steer itself, what fun would you have? The whole purpose is to feel the car , the fun of driving the damn thing.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
L8 BLOOMER

It's you list, so you can put "Muffler that spits oil" on there, but just gonna put in my two cents because I'm bored like that.

Window thing, it's doable, there is a DIY on it, runs like $50 and can be done in a few hours. Totally worth it.

Ipod integration. I agree and disagree. I have the Auxmod to use my MP3 player in my Rex, note I didn't say Ipod. I hate the damn things, and I'm very anti-ipod. We as Rx-8 owners are notorious for our unique taste, not all of us have Ipods. However a LOT of newer cars come standard with an AUX input of sorts which would function perfectly. But if all else fails, the Auxmod is still perfect (www.sylfex.com)

mmmmm.... turbo....
Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Laid back in the pocket

thats weird about your seat heat. mines an 04, no problems, it will burn dat *** if you leave it on long enough.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Shock and Awe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A snow cone machine would rule
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
DGAF

Originally Posted by marvin_rock

Ipod integration. I agree and disagree. I have the Auxmod to use my MP3 player in my Rex, note I didn't say Ipod. I hate the damn things, and I'm very anti-ipod. We as Rx-8 owners are notorious for our unique taste, not all of us have Ipods. However a LOT of newer cars come standard with an AUX input of sorts which would function perfectly. But if all else fails, the Auxmod is still perfect (www.sylfex.com)
Can I ask why you're anti-iPod? The iPod dock connector thing provides "line-out" quality output, which is better then the headphone jack aux-in ports and is much preferred by audiophiles. In my experience, iPods through their various iterations have consistently been the best product on the market in terms of interface, features, and ease of use... not to mention availability of accessories. If you don't like just because "everyone has one," keep in mind this is one rare case in which the best-selling product is also the best product.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM

I would prefer standard MP3 head unit or just AUX port. Better yet, maybe an USB port for memory sticks. I don't like iPod and will more than likely never buy one. I don't need a portable music player and don't see a point to own one.

I don't like iPod for few reasons. High price, expensive battery replacement, iTune software force you to install Quicktime with it... etc.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTears316
A snow cone machine would rule
That would be good for the summer.

As I recall, the last time we had a "What would make the 8 perfect" thread the consensus was a smoothie maker and oral sex.

You could use those all year round.

Ken
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good list especially the sun roof and Turbo. Here are a few more I would add on.

- Climate control: Not just automate it but put a fan in that blows more air and makes less noise.

- Real gauges: Put a real Temperature and oil gauge in. Thee is also room for a real oil temperature gauge.

- More aggressive sounding exhaust with larger tips. Stock ones look wimpy.

- More storage in the center conceal: easier said then done possibly.

- New fuel maps with beefed up CAT: Bring the car back to the 250 hp it should of had originally while increasing the mpg.

- Larger wash fluid holder: This is an issue in the snow belt, the present system holds less then .5 gallons yet there is a large unused area behind the tank. Increase its size.

- Direct Injection: Will improve power and fuel economy

- Redesign: wider looking rear end.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KoHC
I would prefer standard MP3 head unit or just AUX port. Better yet, maybe an USB port for memory sticks. I don't like iPod and will more than likely never buy one. I don't need a portable music player and don't see a point to own one.

I don't like iPod for few reasons. High price, expensive battery replacement, iTune software force you to install Quicktime with it... etc.

I feel the same way iTunes is limited because of only being able to sync with one computer... otherwise it deletes all the music files off of it in order to add a couple from a different computer.

Having the ability to play off of a memory stick or flash drive would be an excellent option. Along with the ability to display the name of artist and song.

I was saddened when I found the stock head unit didn't display radio data or CD Text info.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Grand Chancellor

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
- less interior hard pastick bits for a car at this price point.
- better mileage
- a turbo would be sweet!
- even less weight. keep it around 2800lbs.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Victory Red with Sand

Yeah I should add a generic "more hp, less weight" to my list.
Also, I'm going to add that I want to be able to get the mazda speed wheels, from the factory, and not pay full price for them because I DON"T want a set of factory wheels, I want to buy an 8 with ONE set of wheels, the mazdaspeed ones.

And to that other guy, I wouldn't let my RX8 drive itself ALL the time, but it would be nice on long trips if you could sit back and relax.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Dawn

my wish list would have to consist of someone paying my car off for me and def. performance upgrades. i couldnt care less about ipod crap or power rear windows, but its all about what makes it best for you!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Mazda RX-8 Wishlist