RX8Club.com
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read RX8 Live!Used CarsVendor Directory

Go Back   RX8Club.com > Series II Tech & Performance (US 2009MY-) > Series II Exterior Appearance and Body Kits
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to RX8Club.com!
Welcome to RX8Club.com,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
I need help tracking down the body kit on wikipedia

Hi guys,

I've been lurking this site for quite some time and have finally decided to take the plunge and buy a new Rx 8. I really want to try and track this body kit down (if possible) and get the kit name, as I absolutely must have it on my new car.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Quabbe.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
Quabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
This is the closest I could find, but it's lacking the extra lights
Quabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
V2.01 coming soon...
 
RX8Soldier's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (20)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB Canada
Posts: 4,488
I dunno about other ppl, but there has been a surge of spammers on this site, and I'm weary of clicking these links, especially considering your new/ post count...
is there a way you can post the pic?
__________________
GBNF --'86 RX7 GX RIP | '88 10th AE T-II RIP | '05 RX8 Ti Grey SOLD--
'07 RX8 GT Phantom Blue Mica
Mazdaspeed || BHR || Enkei/ Falken || AFE/VooDoo || Cobb || Racing Beat || Buddy Club
En Route/ Awaiting Install
Borla || Lo-Tek/Prosport || PowerTrix || Tein || Walbro || Ingalls || SOHN || Race Roots || Pioneer/Metra
RX8Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Resident Alien
 
York's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 569
Umm, hover over the link and it'll show you its target in the status bar of your browser. It goes to wikipedia.org so you're safe, but just in case:

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
I assure you I am not a spammer, just someone who is keen to get his car looking the way he wants it...
Quabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
V2.01 coming soon...
 
RX8Soldier's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (20)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB Canada
Posts: 4,488
hmm, it doesn't show when I hover over it. I use vista
Anyways, I believe that is the Mazdaspeed version for SII. I don't think it was ever produced. Check with your local dealer.
__________________
GBNF --'86 RX7 GX RIP | '88 10th AE T-II RIP | '05 RX8 Ti Grey SOLD--
'07 RX8 GT Phantom Blue Mica
Mazdaspeed || BHR || Enkei/ Falken || AFE/VooDoo || Cobb || Racing Beat || Buddy Club
En Route/ Awaiting Install
Borla || Lo-Tek/Prosport || PowerTrix || Tein || Walbro || Ingalls || SOHN || Race Roots || Pioneer/Metra
RX8Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
My local dealer is a "nitwit" at best... I did find one *very* similar that I posted in my reply to myself, but it's lacking the light bulbs.

As for "Hovering over the link" it wont show the image, but if you look down the bottom of your browser, in the status bar (bottom left/right of browser), it'll show you the link address before you click on it...
Quabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
I believe the M'Z Custom kit (available from japanparts.com) is the closest you'll get. It is exactly as the MS 2009 edition, just minus the little round fog lamps.

Here it is attached to my car. It fitted perfectly, and was no problem importing it (into the UK in my case) http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum...6344&start=180 towards the bottom of the page, and you can see some different views at http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum...36014&start=45

Rod.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
Registered
 
jrx13's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX8R3Rod View Post
I believe the M'Z Custom kit (available from japanparts.com) is the closest you'll get. It is exactly as the MS 2009 edition, just minus the little round fog lamps.

Here it is attached to my car. It fitted perfectly, and was no problem importing it (into the UK in my case) http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum...6344&start=180 towards the bottom of the page, and you can see some different views at http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum...36014&start=45

Rod.
Click the image to open in full size.

That is nice!
jrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Rod,

Thanks for the pics. It really has helped make my mind up as to if I should get that front bumper.

The answer is a resounding "HELL YES"!
Quabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
Hi Quabbe,

You won't regret it! And fitment is pretty straightforward too.

I'd like to say thanks to jrx13 for the pictures ... He kindly followed the links and put them up in his post. I couldn't work out how to!

Rod.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
Registered
 
jrx13's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX8R3Rod View Post
Hi Quabbe,

You won't regret it! And fitment is pretty straightforward too.

I'd like to say thanks to jrx13 for the pictures ... He kindly followed the links and put them up in his post. I couldn't work out how to!

Rod.
So this fit right on? Do you still have the fenderwell splash guards or did you have to remove those?
jrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #13
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
Indeed it did! Everything is absolutely exactly as stock, except: you can't use the front towing hook, you lose the fog lights, and you lose the front headlight-washers that are installed as standard on the UK models with HID/Xenon lights. And the latter two you can fit without too much trouble if you wish to. I don't think there is any other difference to a stock R3 at all. I had no real trouble fitting it, and I've never done anything like this before, so it can't be that difficult! Hope this helps. Rod.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
Registered
 
jrx13's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX8R3Rod View Post
Indeed it did! Everything is absolutely exactly as stock, except: you can't use the front towing hook, you lose the fog lights, and you lose the front headlight-washers that are installed as standard on the UK models with HID/Xenon lights. And the latter two you can fit without too much trouble if you wish to. I don't think there is any other difference to a stock R3 at all. I had no real trouble fitting it, and I've never done anything like this before, so it can't be that difficult! Hope this helps. Rod.
That sounds good. I don't have an R3 model so I am debating on whether to get the R3 front bumper or the M'Z Custom one. The R3 bumper is not too expensive, but you have to buy the little lip spoilers underneath and the price adds up. It comes to almost the same price as importing the M'Z custom one.

So it seems the only other thing is I have to get are the R3 fender splash shields, since supposedly they are different than the non-R3 ones. Also, i'm in the US so we don't have headlight washers.

I do like having fog lights and so am still not sure about which way to go yet.

Thanks for the help!
jrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #15
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
Hi, it should look really, really nice, whichever way you go!

I don't know about any issues fitting the R3 (or M'Z Custom) bumper to the S1 (actually, thinking about it you likely don't have an S1 as this is the S2 thread, so you can probably ignore the rest of this!) but I do wonder about the side indicators, which are a cut-out from the bumper on the S1, and are on the fender panel behind the front wheel on the R3 (and S2's generally, I believe, but we only got the R3 in the UK when the S2 was introduced)? I'm not sure if this would be an issue?

Rod.

Last edited by RX8R3Rod; 04-20-2011 at 04:45 AM.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #16
Registered
 
jrx13's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX8R3Rod View Post
Hi, it should look really, really nice, whichever way you go!

I don't know about any issues fitting the R3 (or M'Z Custom) bumper to the S1 (actually, thinking about it you likely don't have an S1 as this is the S2 thread, so you can probably ignore the rest of this!) but I do wonder about the side indicators, which are a cut-out from the bumper on the S1, and are on the fender panel behind the front wheel on the R3 (and S2's generally, I believe, but we only got the R3 in the UK when the S2 was introduced)? I'm not sure if this would be an issue?

Rod.
No no I have an S2 so no worries there! It's just not an R3 model. So all S2's in the UK are R3's! Cool.

Hey if your from the UK, if you ever find an S2 lighted shift **** available please let me know! I tried to order one from the UK but apparantely Mazda discontinued the S2 RX-8 lighted shift **** and now I can't get it anymore. The Mazda part number is/was FF37-V8-170-04. Thanks, I wouldn't mind sending you a little something for your time & effort if you do find one available.

-Jack

Last edited by jrx13; 04-20-2011 at 08:54 AM.
jrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #17
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
Hi Jack, I didn't mean to imply you didn't know what you were doing re S1/S2, by the way. But I certainly have chased up stuff thinking it would fit, and then it turned out 'S1 only, sir'. Doh! Like the Pettit ANP and supercharger, though I know they're working on it at present.

I'm not sure about availability of the illuminated ****, as I've already tried to get an R3 one and ended up with a proper illuminated Mazda **** but one that has white stitching, not red to match the R3. If that's what you're looking for I'm more than happy to see if I can get another one. Just let me know.

Oh, and I forgot to say, the only other key differenceI'm aware of between the R3 and M'Z Custom bumper is that the M'Z one is about 30mm -35mm or so lower at the front, so looks meaner, but runs more risk of grounding. Danged choices!

Rod.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
whines all the way home
 
Rotr8's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Towson/Baltimore, MD
Posts: 7,449
Instead of searching wiki, you should try searching here,,, there is an entire thread dedicated to this kit, M'z Custom
__________________
Rotr8's VB Garage - http://www.rx8club.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=13533
Rotr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #19
Registered
 
jrx13's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX8R3Rod View Post
Hi Jack, I didn't mean to imply you didn't know what you were doing re S1/S2, by the way. But I certainly have chased up stuff thinking it would fit, and then it turned out 'S1 only, sir'. Doh! Like the Pettit ANP and supercharger, though I know they're working on it at present.

I'm not sure about availability of the illuminated ****, as I've already tried to get an R3 one and ended up with a proper illuminated Mazda **** but one that has white stitching, not red to match the R3. If that's what you're looking for I'm more than happy to see if I can get another one. Just let me know.

Oh, and I forgot to say, the only other key differenceI'm aware of between the R3 and M'Z Custom bumper is that the M'Z one is about 30mm -35mm or so lower at the front, so looks meaner, but runs more risk of grounding. Danged choices!

Rod.
No I don't mind about the stitching as long as it's an S2 shift pattern and lighted. Whenever you have time please. I actually gave up after the emailing three dealers in the UK. My car doesn't have red stitching anyway, since it is not an R3. On yours, I've seen people dye white stitching so that may be something you might look into. Again thanks for the help.

Sorry for making this post off topic.
jrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #20
Registered
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newark United Kingdom
Posts: 57
Hi Jack,

The part number of the one I already have is FF37-V8-170 -04 and it's a 6 speed **** with reverse showing on the front left-hand side, and it's illuminated and comes with fitting instructions. Let me know if that sounds correct and I'll check if I can get another one here.

And thanks for the tip re dying the stitching red; greatly appreciated and definitely hadn't thought of that!

Rod.
RX8R3Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM
RX8Club
Mazda RX8




Paid Advertisement


 
 
 
Reply

Tags
body, bumper, buy, custom, expensive, kit, kits, lip, mz, pettit, r3, rx8, s1, supercharger, upload, wiki

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mazdaspeed body kit+ eibach pro kit springs kokats8 Series I Exterior Appearance and Body Kits 3 08-20-2009 03:01 AM
Accolade Ms Body Kit? Good Or Bad Kit rx81108 Series I Exterior Appearance and Body Kits 22 10-31-2007 02:22 PM
Looking for body shop to install MS Body Kit - Calgary Perodogo Canada Forum 7 06-07-2007 10:48 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All content Copyright 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc.
Emails Backup