You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
I am seeking advice for a 2004 GT. The car was purchased two years ago and now has 91,xxx miles. The car since has received new coils, wires, spark plugs, air filter, and transmission oil. It also has tein suspension and enkei wheels plus exhaust.
Recently the car had a power cut during acceleration so it was taken to a Mazda mechanic, who returned a laundry list of repairs needed that are daunting to say the least. My question to the 8 gurus here is whether these repairs are typical of rx8's this age, or is the car a lemon? Also:
Can any of the repairs can be ignored (if any)?
Are the prices for the repairs reasonable?
Should I fork over the cash and get her fixed (she's paid off)
Or hold I go in debt and get a 2009 GT or another more reliable/newer car?
Here's the list, and thank you for sharing your wisdom and insight.
Labor Service - Check engine light on, pull codes & reset computer. >> P0661 = intake manifold tuning valve control circuit low - Bank 1 (cause of power cut)
Recommended Repairs and Services:
• 6/2012: Front cover gasket and o-ring are leaking -- Level was low when checked today $1450.00 (11) - Transmission oil leak (tailshaft or shift tower seal?)
- Driveshaft u-joints are spitting some grease
- Clutch master cylinder is leaking $215.00 (.6)
- Brake master cylinder is leaking $360.00 (1) w/stability control or $460.00 w/o - Recommend new brake rotors the next time the pads are done (front & rear)
- Catalytic converter has some damage (took a hard hit) $2,350.00 (1.1)
- Upper control arm seals/boots are broken
- Spark plugs are showing some wear $240.00 (.6)
- Coolant overflow bottle (float) is bad & Coolant is dark/dirty $350.00 (.8)
- Drive belts are dry/making some noise > are not cracking/will not break - just an annoyance. - Front and rear Strut R&R labor $500.00
My cat is ok and I can live with the sticky coolant bottle:
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!