You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
The front cover is removed as follows:
1) Open the front console
2) Press and hold the small button (about 1/8 in diameter) on the bottom side of the cover towards the front near the top.
3) Slide the cover foward and it will come off.
4) Slide the new cover on
5) Press the small button again and slide the cover all the way to the rear
6) Close the cover and you're done.
The rear cover is removed as follows:
1) Remove the pass thru cover
2) Sit in the left rear seat
3) With the rear cover closed press down and to the right firmly with the plam of your hand
4) While pressing down on the cover, lift the right side edge of the cover with your fingers, you should feel the plastic catches release.
5) Remove the cover
6) If you were carefull the plastic catches on the lower cover will be undamaged, go to step 15
7) If you broke the plastic catches on the lower cover continue below
8) Remove the front catch by removing the screw on the front of the lower cover
9) Using a hammer and a drift (screw driver) punch out the hinge pins at the rear of the lower cover.
10) Remove the lower cover.
11) Place the new lower cover in position
12) Drive in the new hinge pins into the lower cover using the hammer and drift
13) Center the pins in the hinges using a pair of pliers
14) Attach the latch to the front of the lower cover using the screw you removed in step 8
15) Snap the new upper cover on to the lower cover by pressing firmly downward with the plams of your hands
16) Replace the pass thru cover
17) Admire your new console covers
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!