You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
- Tools you'll need: Small sharp knife and rubber or plastic tube 5-6mm or 1/5inch in diameter and 12cm or 5inch in lenght.
- Take a sharp knife and make a small cut to rubber housing around the hig-beam bulb. About 1cm or 1/3inch cut is good. Make the cut somewhere between the bulb and the outer rim of the rubber housing. Look where there's a "soft" spot where you can push something inside the headlight.
- Insert a rubber or plastic tube 5-6mm or 1/5inch in diameter to the cut you just made. it helps if the tube is cutted littleabit "skew" so it has a sharp point to push through rubber.
- Insert the tube about 2cm or 3/4 inch into the headlight and leave about 7-10cm or 3-4 inch of tube outside.
- Done !!
- Now just wait a day or two and the moisture and humidity is gone. Worked for me!
The humidity in headlight's is most likely because headlight housing is too "dense". The air and the humidity in it cant get out and it condesates to headlight cover.
I hope you understood my writing, sorry about my bad english, i'm from Finland. And i hope that this will help's you too if have the same problem.
I Wish that someone would have told me this trick about two months ago. I allready bought me an "oil-free" air compressor and tried to blown the moisture out with air -> did'nt work. I took the whole front end apart and took the lights out of the car, took the headlights apart, cleaned them and resealed them -> did'nt work!
All that i would have needed was just a stub of plastic hose...
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!