{WTB} Rx8 without sunroof - RX8Club.com



Cars Search
Keyword:
Year:
(Range)
Price:
Mileage:
Color:
Private or Dealer Listing:
Location (US State/Canada/Int):


Parts Search
Keyword:
Category:
Price:
Private or Vendor Listing:
Location (US State/Canada/Int):
Item Condition:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Does not have rx8
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
IL Rx8 without sunroof

Year: 2019
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $9000
Mileage: 0
Color: hopefully not red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): IL

I'm too tall for moonroof rx8's. I sat in one today. I'm in Northern Il.

Only looking for 6MT, of course.
GuyWithRx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
Jedi Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Jedi54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Dark Side
Posts: 20,719
2019 RX-8?!
**insert Doc Brown picture**

all joking aside, did you try adjusting the seat all the way down and reclining it slightly? There's a few of us here over 6'5 who drive RX-8's and with a few adjustments it's not that hard to fit in one.

either way, there's usually a few cars for sale so good luck with your search.
Jedi54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Does not have rx8
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
2019 RX-8?!
**insert Doc Brown picture**

all joking aside, did you try adjusting the seat all the way down and reclining it slightly? There's a few of us here over 6'5 who drive RX-8's and with a few adjustments it's not that hard to fit in one.

either way, there's usually a few cars for sale so good luck with your search.
-It forced me to choose a year, so I left it on default (2019)

-I think my torso is long for my height. I wear length 30 pants

-Yeah, I spent a good 5 minutes adjusting to every position possible. I don't want to drive like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lb5KT0No1zc/hqdefault.jpg
or this http://www.andersvarner.com/wp-conte...gster-Lean.jpg
GuyWithRx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colo'freakin'rado
Posts: 444
Titanium Grey Sport

It may be older than you are looking for though.
CelestialGryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Rotary Runner Redux
iTrader: (3)
 
Striker-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DelMarVa by the "Bridge"
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithRx8 View Post
-It forced me to choose a year, so I left it on default (2019)

-I think my torso is long for my height. I wear length 30 pants

-Yeah, I spent a good 5 minutes adjusting to every position possible. I don't want to drive like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lb5KT0No1zc/hqdefault.jpg
or this http://www.andersvarner.com/wp-conte...gster-Lean.jpg
I sympathize with you, as I'm in the same boat. I'm just (just?) 6'1", but the height is from hips-to-head, ~32 in. inseam pants. I end up tracking with the seat reclined, and still end up 'gangsta-style' in some corners.

Good luck with a purchase.
Striker-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
I have a red '05 with auto trans.(I know, not what you are seeking, but I'm close by in Missouri) that has a rotary resurrection rebuilt engine and upgrades. It's on the Southeast Missouri Craigslist under the heading Rx8 with upgrades, if you are interested.
AreEx-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #7
SARXGROUP on FB
iTrader: (35)
 
9krpmrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 32,482
You can just do the "lower the seat" mod as well.
9krpmrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
Does not have rx8
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker-7 View Post
I sympathize with you, as I'm in the same boat. I'm just (just?) 6'1", but the height is from hips-to-head, ~32 in. inseam pants. I end up tracking with the seat reclined, and still end up 'gangsta-style' in some corners.

Good luck with a purchase.
Thanks, I should have said my height. I'm also 6'1". So, I have 2" less headroom to work with than you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AreEx-8 View Post
I have a red '05 with auto trans.(I know, not what you are seeking, but I'm close by in Missouri) that has a rotary resurrection rebuilt engine and upgrades. It's on the Southeast Missouri Craigslist under the heading Rx8 with upgrades, if you are interested.
You're trolling, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
You can just do the "lower the seat" mod as well.
??
GuyWithRx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
Jedi Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Jedi54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Dark Side
Posts: 20,719
wait, all of this for someone 6'1?

I'm sorry but I'm almost 6'6 driving a GT with sunroof and I don't have any problems.

but here's what 9k was getting at: DIY: You CAN lower the power seat!
Jedi54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
Does not have rx8
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
wait, all of this for someone 6'1?

I'm sorry but I'm almost 6'6 driving a GT with sunroof and I don't have any problems.

but here's what 9k was getting at: DIY: You CAN lower the power seat!
interesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
6'5 driver here. I have to do the gangsta lean to fit properly. Damn sunroof is a blessing and a curse
GuyWithRx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:11 PM   #11
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colo'freakin'rado
Posts: 444
Lower the power seat would be best. If you decided to take a look into my car and need new compression #'s for state of mine I could probably have them to you by the end of the week. It's getting a spring tune up.
CelestialGryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #12
Does not have rx8
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialGryphon View Post
Lower the power seat would be best. If you decided to take a look into my car and need new compression #'s for state of mine I could probably have them to you by the end of the week. It's getting a spring tune up.
Yours is a bit overpriced. And I can't tell if it has a sunroof or not.
GuyWithRx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #13
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
I have $7600 invested in it. No sunroof. Not trolling, just offering what I have even though it's not exactly what asked for. But I'm close, the car is in excellent shape, and I can deliver to Chicago. Would take $8125.
AreEx-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #14
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colo'freakin'rado
Posts: 444
No sunroof.
CelestialGryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #15
Registered
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 29
I have a 2009 RX-8 R3 Blue with 64k miles for $9,500. Top trim, which actually doens't have a sunroof. You can find my ad here in the classifieds.
ruskivovka91 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


All content Copyright 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc.