You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
have a pair of JIC coilover flt-rs for sale laying around in my garage, i did not installed them, they were bought use with low mileage! i live in montreal and i run my car for winter and do lots of mileage so i want a stock set-up
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
Last edited by rx8montreal; 11-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Also.....for the guys that are unfamiliar with the JIC FLT-RS Coilovers:
The Flagship JIC Magic coilover setup. The FLT-RS Coilovers featires a light weight, 15 way adjustable monotube damper with newly developed flexible piston deisgn for maximum performance during race conditions. Built through years of research and development on the track. The FLT-RS series is Race Spec Suspension for maximum handling for Track Enthusiasts.
* Adjustment Dial – 15-way adjustable damper for precise control at the track and for adjusting comfort level.
* Pillowball Upper Mount – Adjustable camber plate also included for most vehicle front applications with Macpherson Strut suspension systems. Some applications may come with a rubber bushing uppermount (depends on vehicle design).
* Dust Boot – Dust Boots are Essential to maintaining the life of a damper, dramatically improving the lifespan by protecting it from the elements. Dust Boots come standard on all JIC Coilovers.
* Spring – Linear rate springs manufactured using chrome silicon metal alloy with cool bend process, giving the spring strong tensile strength, while offering precision down to 10/1000th of a kilogram.
* Monotube Damper – High pressure nitrogen gas filed monotube design with special stable viscosity index of oil that is unaffected by temperature changes. Inverted dampers offer greater levels of performance.
* Adjustment Zone – Adjustable ride height ranging from 0.5” to 2.5”.
* Locking Spring Seat – Made out of durable and light weight alloy, manufactured using machining process, with a bolt lock to ensure the spring is secure.
* Bracket Lock Seat – Made out of durable and light weight alloy, manufactured using machining process.
* Lower Bracket – Designed to be more durable than the factory brackets, they are independent from the spring preload which gives full height adjustability without sacrificing the suspension travel and performance.
I currently run the FLT-TAR setup on my car. The FLT-RS model is definitely a more track-oriented setup. It has very aggressive valving and people with an affinity for a soft ride shouldn't get these. They're great though! Clicks on these coilovers actually do something! From full soft to full stiff there is a VERY noticeable difference.
__________________ 2005 Mazda RX8 VR: Greddy SE Exhaust, AEM CAI, Burnout KD-IV Front Lip, JIC FLT-TAR Coilovers, BHR Ignition, AFE SS, PT Sways, AP Endlinks, SS Brake Lines, Carbotech XP10 / XP8, Motul RBF600, and Cobb AP. 1993 Mazda Miata: Mazda crate engine, Port and polished head and intake manifold from Flyin' Miata, BSP braces, H&R Race, RSR Exmag GTII exhaust, Mazda Comp TP, MS PNP9093, Innovate LC-1, Fuji Racing 45mm IRTBs, RS Aizawa fuel rail, Pipercross Air Horns....
so the flt-rs dont come with upper mounts??? do these come with the dust boots?? and do you have the adjustment wrench??? and will you ship to 19120?? is the price shipped or is shipping extra? if so what will my final price be??? thanks
2004 RX8 TO 2010 EVO X but god there are things i do miss about my 8...