Greddy new install, observations and questions - RX8Club.com
RX8Club.com

Go Back   RX8Club.com > General Topics > RX-8 Discussion




Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 43
Greddy new install, observations and questions

Got the GReddy install complete, had help from a garage ( won't post here since I'm not sure it's allow since it would be advertising) Those who live in Socal might know Yoshiya and I've seen him mentioned in for forums before.

- A few things I've noticed, with the AFR gauge, on other cars the AFR ratio used to sweep up and down when it had very little load on the engine ( big extremes), on this car it seems pretty stable 14-15 AFR under low load, ~11(stable) with more load. Is this normal for this car? I'm using MM map, though it needs to be tuned with the service.

- One other thing I've noticed is if I'm coasting along in a high gear - well even idle, but happens more in high gear and I take the car out of gear so that's in neutral, it will stall. Any clue if this will go away once my map is tuned more appropriately? I DID also change to the BHR ignition and I'm using the ngk plugs, so is that a possibility?

- Finally, on my boost controller ( aem ) it allows me to set the Waste Gate Crack Pressure.(gAE) I know by setting this I'm essentially blocking the wastegate to allow it to spool a little faster, what is a good value for this? Any Greddy owners want to chime in? **

**Yes, I did the search, the only relevant post I found was Brettus discussing it with MM, but no specific numbers, maybe I was searching for bad keywords, If there is something on this topic I'd be appreciative if you'd let me know or discuss it here. Thanks.


-j
jaymzs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Boosted Kiwi
iTrader: (2)
 
Brettus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Y-cat-o NZ
Posts: 17,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymzs66 View Post

- A few things I've noticed, with the AFR gauge, on other cars the AFR ratio used to sweep up and down when it had very little load on the engine ( big extremes), on this car it seems pretty stable 14-15 AFR under low load, ~11(stable) with more load. Is this normal for this car? I'm using MM map, though it needs to be tuned with the service.
-j
sounds about right . You will also notice it go off the scale when you lift off the accelerator .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymzs66 View Post
-
- Finally, on my boost controller ( aem ) it allows me to set the Waste Gate Crack Pressure.(gAE) I know by setting this I'm essentially blocking the wastegate to allow it to spool a little faster, what is a good value for this? Any Greddy owners want to chime in? **
-j
Not something you can give a value for as it will vary for every setup .Read the instructions and have a play - once tuned of course .
Start small - test carefully !


Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymzs66 View Post
- One other thing I've noticed is if I'm coasting along in a high gear - well even idle, but happens more in high gear and I take the car out of gear so that's in neutral, it will stall. Any clue if this will go away once my map is tuned more appropriately? I DID also change to the BHR ignition and I'm using the ngk plugs, so is that a possibility?
-j
Can be normal straight after a reflash - get back to us if it continues after several drive cycles .
__________________
#Longlivetherenesis
Brettus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 43
Thanks for the reply Brettus, yeah I'm anticipating April 19th as that's when MM posted the next tuning day. I hope a lot of my worries gets resolved. That being said I know the Greddy kit is like a 4 letter word here, but I'm determined to make it work. It gives more than enough power, most of the excess cash I've been spending have been supporting mods which, if i swap turbos would be transferable. ( I am eyeing something like the BNR upgrade if it's still around) 1000$ or so for piece of mind sounds worth it, I wouldn't even care about the extra power.
jaymzs66 is offline   Reply With Quote


 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration and track day preparations jay_tibo Series I Aftermarket Performance Modifications 22 09-13-2016 09:10 PM
{ FS } Greddy Turbo Kit w Oil Pan BNR upgrade Adaptronic RicerX1 West For Sale/Wanted 5 01-11-2016 06:59 PM
{ FS } Greddy Pulley Set - Anodized Blue UHATEIT RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted 15 12-10-2015 03:57 PM
{ FS } 2004 VR for sell dancingdan42 RX-8's For Sale/Wanted 0 08-19-2015 10:29 AM
LIL help for a newbie please! (stereo related) MolecularConcept New Member Forum 15 08-05-2015 05:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

 

All content Copyright 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc.