You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
My dealer failed to call me when my car came in. Salesman said I knew more than him concerning my car (Thanks Fubes!). Sales Mgr said he wanted to keep it in showroom a few days. I "negotiated" Thurs after 11, man I'm good. What the hell, can he do that? He wouldn't even lock it up, much less rope it off. I'm soooo pissed, I almost want to walk away. Alas, it is the only one in JVille in first 3 allocations just like her. Red with all black leather GT. I also would not like to wait 'til end of September for my new car from a dealer some 30 miles away.
Is what he doing even legal? I signed an agreement, so he should have to give it over. I bet if I didn't want it now, they'd try to keep my deposit. I do feel a little better now I've sat in it, but now I want more than before. Red is freakin' spectacular. A red Miata was nextdoor, and RX8 made the Miata paint look pretty cheap. I thought it was the coolest car I've ever sat in, can't wait to drive it.
Any input concerning my dealer's actions would be appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
Go down there and get your car.......thats what I think. He's obviously not going to compensate you for "holding" your car so he has great advertisement.....making HIM money. Its yours youve waited long enough, go get it. God forbid it gets scratched or dinged by the countless people gettin in and out of it.....then what?.....no way man.......thats BS. get your car.
Originally posted by Magnesium Did you get a notification email?
Basically put it to him in such a way that he wouldn't even have the car had you not pre-ordered. If it is a pre-order....
I would bug them every minute to give it up. Kinda like a union picket line. Stand next to the car the whole day. When people look at it, you tell them that it is your car.
I would just be a pain.
No email notification. I approached their sister dealership back in April or May about a car, because I basically walked from this one. They never cancelled my order and I got an email from Mazda about the vin and build date. I had Mazda clear up the issue that prompted my walkaway, and it's been nonstop lack of communication since.
Anyway, sister dealer salesguy calls me up and come look at some 8s. I say maybe. My worm salesjerk says at !:00 he'll call when it comes in, because I asked him if he knew the status had changed to "wholesaled". His usual reply was, You know more than me. Yeah I figured that out the third time you told me that Jerk. I call up and ask for "the mole" as I've come to know him thru this board and he says yep, come look at them, they're about to put them in the showroom. My guy never atempted to call, SalesJerk Manager says he needs to keep the car for a few days to show. He can't sell none if they can't see one he says. I'm soooooooo pissed.
I say you go down there, lock yourself inside your car in the showroom, then call Mazda HQ on your cell phone from inside the car right in front of those bastards.... maybe they would call the cops on you and say "this guy locked himself inside his car we're keeping from him!"
I'd be kicking heads in if I were you. But seriously... I'd sit in my car if I were you and not get out until it was in your driveway. If they try to pull some 'We're closing' b.s. then just go to sleep.
Originally posted by JaxFL_RX8 Sales Mgr said he wanted to keep it in showroom a few days. I "negotiated" Thurs after 11, man I'm good. What the hell, can he do that?
Am I the only one who has no idea what you're trying to say here? First you say, "man I'm good", so I assume you are happy with the negotiated deal. But then you immediately ask if the dealer can do that - whatever "that" is.
If I understand correctly, you negotiated that they could keep the car on display until Thursday after 11. They are doing that, and you're upset?
Are you upset because they don't have it locked up and roped off?
If they are doing what you agreed to, what's the problem? If they're not doing what was agreed to, then you should get your car. You said you signed an agreement, so it should be pretty easy to see if both sides are fulfilling their parts of the bargain. If the dealer isn't, then having a lawyer make a phone call should have the keys in your hands in no time. If they are fulfilling their part, then you have to fulfill yours. Where's the problem?
Upon my 5th re-read, I think I get it now. Is this what happened?
You pre-ordered the car, and found out that it had been delivered without the dealer notifying you. You went to the dealership, and they essentially said that they were going to keep the car as a display piece for a while. This was not agreed upon prior to this point. You "negotiated" them down to just a few days, until Thursday at 11:00. You want to know if they really can keep the car.
Is that what happened?
If so, I think you have a very reasonable expectation that you would get your car as soon as it arrived. I wouldn't call that a negotiation, if that's what happened. If nothing was arranged prior to delivery of the car, then I would contact Mazda of North America. I don't think they can officially do anything, but they can certainly influence the outcome. If you did negotiate this prior to delivery and are just changing your mind, then I think you're out of luck.
That doesn't sound right to me, you should start taking names and kicking butt.. But seriously, if they want to hold you car, they should be paying you for that time... If that was mine, I would want it 'tout sweet'.. :D
Originally posted by Rich
[B]You pre-ordered the car, and found out that it had been delivered without the dealer notifying you. You went to the dealership, and they essentially said that they were going to keep the car as a display piece for a while. This was not agreed upon prior to this point. You "negotiated" them down to just a few days, until Thursday at 11:00. You want to know if they really can keep the car.
Is that what happened?
Exactly. I'm calling mazda this AM. The Sales Mgr is a TOTAL D**k. Basically told me he had to leave it in the showroom this week. I was being sarcastic about negotiating well. Someone else has a black one up there as well, they just don't know it yet.
Originally posted by Red Devil I didn't see that the dealership was named, but being from Jax originally, and having dealt with the Mazda dealers in the area, I think I could take a good guess at who it is that has your car.
It's not my place to give a name, but if it's who I think it is, that's about par for the course.
Tom Bush Mazda is the Dealer, Sales Manager goes by Kahn, short for some long arabic name. I think he fancies himself the "Ghengis Kahn" of sales. They also own the only other dealership within 60 miles.
They had the nad to talk to me about the Customer Survey yesterday, telling me their bonuses were tied to good scores. I think that is BS as well, because they wouldn't tell me about it. They can't care about their Customer Service. They wouldn't have treated me so absolutely horrible from that first day in January.
This will go down as THE WORST experience buying a car I have EVER had. That info on Orange Park mazda would've been sooo helpful. These bastages will never get another penny of my money ever, ever. Sales Mgr threatened to not sell me the car after Mazda called his office (he called me from his car, he's "off" today and he said I've ruined his day. He said he'll call me tomorrow.
I don't want the two-toned leather, so I'd have to order all over again. I'm gonna have to bite my lip and scorch them on the customer survey. 1 or 2 more days and I can start repressing this experience.
Just walk away. I know we've all waited for a very long time, but dealer allocations are rolling in right now, and if it were me, I'd settle for another color to walk out the door on them. Cancel any checks you may have put down as a deposit (so long as they're not cashed) and find one elsewhere. I'm buying mine 120 miles from where I live because it was the right price, right car, and at the time I thought they had good customer service.
Just walk away. It's only a car.
2004 Velocity Red RX-8 GT - Nav, XM Roady2, Huper Optik 30 all around...
83 RX-7 GSL - Looking for a loving home... PM if you're interested
I'd look somewhere else also. I just got off the phone with a dealer up here in the Chicago area. They are expecting 8 in August, and only one has been spoken for. He also assured me that they are all selling at MSRP.
I'd check Orange Park, they probably don't have them all spoken for there.
And even if they do, I think it's worth being willing to go to Gainesville or Daytona or even farther to be able to make the deal on your terms.