You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
Ok this is how I see it. I want one of this bad boy now. i almost go out every sunday to test drive one. i cant get it out of my system i have fallen in love with this car. But I hear that next year there is going to be more upgrades mabey a supercharger and the mazdaspeed version in the US. So should I go get one now or wait. Plus the bigger down payment would all was be nice. What do you guys think?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
I vote 'wait,' if only because the 05 is coming pretty soon and as Blue Flash points out, they will have ironed out some of the first-year-model problems. I suppose it's possible that Mazda will introduce a new color - lots of folks seem to be interested in white. And you'll probably be able to get a sweeter deal on an 04 if it turns out the new model isn't much different.
Of course, once I got the lust, I cracked pretty fast. Obsessed all through December, then went for it right after the new year. But if I were still 8-less, I might try to contain myself for just a little while longer.
Or not. YMMV. I know you'll enjoy the hell out of it once you take the plunge, whichever model year you get.
__________________ "I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell." - Harry Truman
I'm in the same boat. Seriously considering one, but will likely wait. I'd like to go for an '05 so hopefully a few of the bugs will get worked out. Plus the frontal crash test results won't be in until the end of April, so I wouldn't personally buy one until I saw those (got a family and all, so I want to buy a safe car too). The extra few months will help me save a few bucks up and who knows, maybe other cars worth looking at will be out by then. But, I can't imagine what could be better than the 8 for the money. For all of those people who couldn't wait - can't say that I blame you - it's a great car!
I would wait, its only till the summer i believe. Everything would be the same, with as they said glithes fixed. No miracles. But it would be awesome if they put some auto climate/temp. I REALLY WANT THAT! besides that, i love the car. wait for 05, if u can wait that long. I surely couldn't
IMO, the only reason to wait is if you want a Mazdaspeed version. I am somehwat reluctant to believe that factory production turbo/blower versions are coming given the issues with the 2nd & 3rd generation turbo RX-7s.
I believe Mazda will make a bigger rotary by increasing the CID to 1.6 or 1.8 with around 300 - 350 HP. If they did it probably wouldn't be available for a couple of years.
If you want a regular 8 I say buy now. So far the only news of changes for the 05 are color - yellow is supposed to be replaced by white. And as far as the improvements go for 05, I believe they will continue to be rolled out in small bits rather than a big design change.
Also, interest rates are starting to go back up sharply so whatever additonal money you save for a downpayment will probably be offset by higher APR.
The only reason I haven't bought one already is because I lost my job. That may change today though.
04 RX-8 Black GT :::: RX History - 81 S, 83 GSL, 84 GS, 85 GSL, 88 Convt