You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
So I need some advice regarding my MSP. Long story short (sort of a full version below...) I bought a MSP over 3 years ago and the engine blew within two weeks of owning it. I took the dealership to court and now I can finally sell it and get it off my hands. Given the condition of the vehicle and everything that happened, I have literally NO clue what the recommended way to go about this is-- whether I should simply sell it as is, part it out, or fix some of it up then sell it. So I figured the community would know best!
- Bought the car in August 2005 - 2003.5 Mazda MAZDASPEED Protege with only 25,000+ on the car
- Engine blew a little over two weeks into ownership (Not racing...Driving highway, speedlimit in the slow lane, cruising to NH to play arcade games at Funworld :/)
- Got towed to Dealership
- Dealership claimed it was my fault and gave me crap, claiming I put a aftermarket boost controller in the engine (which they neglected to tell/show me it came with the car. I knew nothing of cars at the time..I was a young kid.)
- Got attorney and started lawsuit and all that...
- After half a year I finally found out where my car was and was able to tow it back into my possession. Then I found out it was vandalized.
- The boost gauge, radio head, shift ****, trunk speakers, and trunk amp were all stolen, and the rear passenger quarter window was broken
- I threw the tarp car cover over it and sat it in my mother's driveway and waited until further notice from attorney
- As of December 2008 I can finally sell it
- Naturally, an ice storm hit the NH region...a tree went through the windshield and scraped the inside dash a bit and damaged the roof
- 12/28/2008: I removed the tree as carefully as possible and cleaned up the mess all around the car. Took a truckload of pics, put the tarp back on, and topped that with a second car cover.
- It has been sitting on pavement with a car cover for the past 3 years
- From what I have been told by a dealership mechanic... The turbo blew and seized the engine
- Tree scraped dash and slightly damaged the passenger airbag compartment
- Dents are visible alongside driver side roof
- Hole through windshield
- Radio head missing
- Rear passenger quarter Window broken
- Shift **** missing
- After market boost gauge is missing
- Trunk speakers and amp missing
- 27,000+ on the car
- Brand new tires
- Only mods is a silly windshield sticker I put when I was young, and a boost controller in the engine (not put by me, left by dealership).
Any help, suggestions, more info needed, or interest, please let me know. Thanks everyone.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin