You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
Up for sale is my 04 Velocity Red Mazda RX8. It is an automatic and has 72,500 miles (OR, 18,500 miles due to new engine - see below) on it and is in great condition, both exterior and interior. It has the Grand Touring Package with Black/Red Leather interior. This car also has a transferable extended warranty expiring 11/13/2010 or 100k miles.
I'm selling this car because I am upgrading to a BMW 335i. This car has never been in any accidents!
All service prior to 2010 has been completed at Jeff Haas Mazda in Houston, TX and everything else at Town North Mazda in Dallas, TX.
Summary of maintenance in descending order (you can call Mazda [713-932-6004] to verify the information):
1. 6/2/2010: 2 new front tires (General Exclaims)
2. Early 2010: Replaced power steering rack
3. 8/10/2009: Replaced front brake pads: I purchased lifetime brake pads from Mazda so the parts will always be free, you just have to pay for the labor
4. Forgot Date: 60k maintenance
5. 10/20/2008: Replaced entire engine, 4 ignition coils, starter, catalytic converter, battery
6. 9/11/2008: Replace gas cap
7. 6/30/2008: Replaced front 02 sensor, right rear tire
8. 5/21/2008: Replaced spark plugs
9. 2/3/2007: De-flood fuel flood
10. 1/13/2006: De-flood Fuel flood: common issue with a rotary engine if you do not leave it on for a few minutes after starting the engine
NOTE: Although Mazda cannot technically call the engine replacement a brand new engine, this car DOES HAVE A BRAND NEW ENGINE as of 10/20/2008. The reason they cannot say it is brand new is because the engine block is refurbished, however, the engine itself (coils, sensors, etc.) is brand new. What does that mean? It means although the odometer is clocked at 72,500 miles, it actually has 18.5k miles (mileage was 55,035 when engine was replaced).
My car is a manufacturer buyback. Folks - in terms of the vehicle functioning properly, this is a NON issue. In terms of resale value, it is a factor. A buyback is when the car is sent back to the manufacturer to fix an issue, then re-released for sale with a salvage title. This buyback was due to the electrical system not functioning properly (ie. the light for the check engine, oil change, tire pressure was not properly working). This was a small issue that was fixed by Mazda before I even purchased the vehicle.
The only thing I can think of that the car needs is a re-tint on the back window and new A/C ***** (which can be purchased online).
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!